Saturday, September 03, 2005

Wassup, then?

Well, little stuff mostly
The Delhi Book Exhibition is on at Pragati Maidan and I have to go for it. But there's also Daryaganj, where books will be much cheaper - these are difficult decisions.

The plug that runs our water motor (which annoyingly hasn't worked in two days) blew a fuse last night. When we moved it to another plug, that blew a fuse, this time loudly with a flash of light and a puff of smoke. I was standing next to it, but found myself effortlessly jumping halfway across the room at the time of the incident - the flea for life.

Fathers should not read daughters' blogs - this to the elder sister - because they feel that husbands of bloggers may not like what is written about them and this will become a sensitive issue. Daughters in turn should not tell parents that they have blogs... if not for themselves then to spare their siblings from having to listen to these comments.

Watched a French Opera, The Pearl Fishers yesterday. Understood one word in 10. Have realised that I like Baritones.

Bought a skipping rope, but haven't found time to skip. Well, actually I skipped one day and this fancy plastic thing really hurts when it hits you. Have made a mental note to be very careful about missing a step.

There is a mountain of fruit at home, thanks to V, and I am determinedly munching my way through apples and bananas. I am also making Mosambi juice in the mornings (an arduous process since we have no juicer or that little juice contraption meant for oranges and sweet limes).

I have had a very productive four days in terms of work, I have plodded away at work on a daily basis - it's a whole new sensation, I must say, very not me. I still prefer working like mad right at the end - this basically seems like too much work.

In his heyday Bappi Lahiri's done some very good work. Am currently taken with Muskurata Hua from Lahu Ke Do Rang.

I haven't finished a single book in a week, though I've made substantial progress on both City of Djinns and Service with a Smile. And have read another page of Night Train to Memphis (Elizabeth Peters) and begun Still Life with a Woodpecker (Tom Robbins). I've never read more than one book at a time, and never have I taken so long over them. What's happening?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm.. I have to read My Name is Red, On The Road, My Man Jeeves, finish one of the Grantas, Trail, Scoop AND of course the new travel book. I am feeling bogged down with all the books I have to read and am not reading any. Last night I read three lines of Pamuk and smiled lovingly at the travel book. This has been on my mind. Books, I must get back to them. This list is just the ones lying on my bed, there are more bought and not read yet!

I prefer working at nights too. Then, um, that makes the two of us. Wanna consult others and do a union thingie? Be brats eh?

3:28 pm  
Blogger i wonder why said...

union is good - only I don't think the powers that be will tolerate it. Boss E herself will nip it in the bud, i'm afraid

3:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:36 pm  
Blogger The Wandering Hermit said...

Oh The Horror, The Horror!!
"In his heyday Bappi Lahiri's done some very good work. Am currently taken with Muskurata Hua from Lahu Ke Do Rang. "

Am ready and will willingly commit "seppakku" now.

Tis the limit, Bhappi Da - that walking, talking jewelery shop... and Good Work !!! 2 Poles apart with the universe in between isn't far enough for them meet. I tell ya.

What else can I say that I am amused to death after reading this one.....

BTW The Tim Robbins be excellentcio.
cheers
z

11:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home