Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Bombay, Bombay!

I used to hop over to Bombay every 2-3 months for a four-day weekend. I'd stay with the sister - in her hostel, in MSLTA and finally in her apartment. I'd land up early in the morning, a bleary eyed sister would open the door, say hello hello and fall back asleep. I'd follow and sleep till the morning was over, wake up to a leisurely breakfast of Kellogs and orange juice and on that first day would rush off to Metsons Library, cutting across Dhanastra for old times' sake. Would stack up on all those books I'd been deprived of in Hyd and quickly come back home. I'd meet the sister for lunch, sometimes in the office canteen, sometimes at Fountain and most often at whichever veggie thali place had taken her fancy.
We'd chat, bitch, make plans for the evening. I'd return home, stuffed and read a book till the sun had set before finally making my way to the Tea Centre for heavenly muffins and tea. Tea Centre, Lings Pavilion, Fountain, Churchill, Bachelors, Jazz by the Bay, Gaylords... we'd land up at them regularly. Then there were other regulars - Cotton World, Kemps Corner, Planet M and later Crossroads; Sterling, Eros, Regal.
I'd sleep in till noon, read books till sunset and only sleep at two (the earliest) in the morning.
Now I live on my own, sleep at midnight, wake at nine and watch movies once a month, if I'm lucky - obviously working doesn't agree with me.
I need to live off the sister again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sabiha said...

hee, hee, hee. I told you so!

7:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home